Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making a new thread because it's a modification... not a question.

So I got the whole harness in, all I have left is to run the headlight wires. I ended up pulling out the entire harness and remaking it to fit better. I didn't have to extend any wires, but I shortened quite a few. I realised that the injector wires are only connected to the rest of the car by one wire via the IAT plug, so they cleaned up nicely. I have the resistor box temporarily on the firewall behind the motor, but when I get my OBD1 injectors in (left them in NY, doh!) that will be gone.

I put all the shock tower plugs inside the car, after I made the engine harness part, I pulled those plugs and the passenger side light stuff back through the large grommet at the bottom of the firewall. I ran the MAP wire back out of there, and sent the 3 shock tower plugs, my VTEC wires, the fusebox stuff, and the wideband O2 wires. Currently I have the wiper motor plug and the lights coming out the AC hole, just so I would have lights for now. There is a hole under the motor and another near the lights, I think that's where I'll run the light wires through tomorrow, and run all the wires out the small hole on that side. Can someone tell me how to depin the connectors, or any good methods for doing that and not messing up the wiring pattern?
I also ran the clutch cable under the intake manifold, I'd like to tuck the throttle cable as well. The injector wires make a downward U-turn and go under the fuel rail and back toward the driver's side and under/behind the intake manifold. Without the cable there the whole intake manifold looks really clean. I'll take some pictures tomorrow, it's too dark out now and I want to get it all done.
Has anyone else done something like this... I'm having trouble keeping all the wiring in check under the dash. I have the ECU tucked up behind the center console, so there isn't much room there. I also hate to use zip ties for anything permanent.
I also want to wire in a toggle switch for the SCS so I can easily read codes, I was thinking about hiding it in the glove box or something, along with the button and LED for the LC-1.

If anyone wants to tuck the engine harness, I would be happy to help you. I would have been able to finish it a lot faster if I didn't have to measure everything, I fitted the whole harness a few times to get all the lengths and junctions right. If someone else were doing it, we could use my harness as sort of a template.

·
Registered
112 Posts
downest said:
Looking at the injectors in the pic I was just thinking... could I turn them around so the plugs were under the rail?
yes you can i've just done it to mine i'll try to post pics ,but it's alot of work i spent a couple hours modding the fuel rail to get the injector plugs to fit :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.