Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stef thought it would be funny to keep the HF cluster in the car with the A6 (we have an extra Si cluster though). I imagine it should all work, we ran the car with the PM6 to make sure the dizzy would work and the cluster was fine, minus the shift light. Is there a way to wire up the HF shift light with the PM6?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
RPM activated switch. A lot of people sell them at so many prices. Just buy one and rig it to the rpm you want. I had one back when I used it for my mini me (yes i know stupid) and now have some uses for it but might might might be willing to sell it.

·
Registered
20,380 Posts
I did a search and came up with little help but did stumble upon this topic, soooooo bringing it back.....to get a more specifc answer and to know if anyone has done it.
My Si now has an HF cluster and was curious as to exactly what I would need to possibly get the shift light to work?
I just think it would be a neat, little subtle accessory.

How does it work, ECU, RPM activated??

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
The ECU controls the light based on RPM, vehicle speed, manifold pressure, atmospheric pressure, and possibly engine temperature. It's not a simple RPM function. You could rig up something to turn the light on easy enough but providing the original function would be very difficult if the ECU you are using does not support it.

Mike

·
Registered
20,380 Posts
msc said:
The ECU controls the light based on RPM, vehicle speed, manifold pressure, atmospheric pressure, and possibly engine temperature. It's not a simple RPM function. You could rig up something to turn the light on easy enough but providing the original function would be very difficult if the ECU you are using does not support it.

Mike
Hmm.. I wasn't aware it was that involved.

Idea = scratched! :lol:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
acutally... i was scouring through turboedit and found a datafield regarding this topic...

apparantly, you can use the CEL as an rpm activated switch via turboedit and im guessing with any other tuning software...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
having owned cars with the shift light...i don't like it. i ended up pulling the bulb on most of them. it's nice to know when the ecu thinks you should shift, when you're a noob. but i know how to drive and shift now, thanks 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.