6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, got me another crx today woohoo! No rust! 89 si

Heres the junkyard where they keep those lame vw's

Heres me enjoying my new CRX after my 500 mile drive to get it

Sweet Ass Shot

Heres the car that brough tme

Im so excited, I jsut cant hide it....oh oh oh oh oh

hahaha, unfortunately the rest of the way home ill be singing to myslef since the freakin cd player died!

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I know that feeling. When I bought my SE and drove it home from Ontario, the CD player had a CD stuck in it, and it would only play one song: "Block Rockin Beats" by Chemical Brothers. LOL

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I hope you like it bro.

I'd like to say I miss it already, but I'm excited to get some Jeep parts and guns, :lol:

Nice actions photos too.

I can't believe the CD player quit, it's worked great for the last 9 years. lol. Maybe it's just a fuse.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha thanks for the tip rex2nr....thatll be straightedned out soon.

yeah man, the cd player was weird. its still 'on' and everything. no audio output. o well. if that and the steering wheel things are my only issues then Im ecstatic. Usually I have the worst luck ever.

At least I made it home!

yay

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GSR yessir.

Got so much done today. The radio problem was a shorted speaker.

Grant Steering wheel...check!
Skunk2 shifter and weighted knob...check!
ITR shift boot...check!
Rota GT3 15x7 with KDW2's...check!
MTX Thunder 8000 components...almost check!
Pioneer 740MP CD Player...check!
Tack Weld motor mount temporary fix.....check!
Replace mirrors with ones i can see out of...check!

other stuff im forgetting....check!

yay mne!
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I think black is my favorite color on a CRX. Are you putting in a JDM B18C or USDM? Definitely have to post some 1/4s when you get that done. I have a stock JDM B18C w/OEM LSD in a 94 civic ex, its just as much fun to drive as the rex is, and itll leave it in the dust past 2nd gear(all the rex has is a Y8 at this point in time).

BTW did anyone else have trouble loading this thread? Im on a high speed connection and it still took a couple of minutes :?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah don tknow why it takes forever...if i load the image links directly they open right up. Threads I post pictures in are doing that for some reason...

Heres an older pic of my motor thats going in

USDM B18C1 with Stock Tranny
Trust Header
Skunk2 Manifold
RC 330cc Injectors
BBK 70mm TB
Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers
AEM Fuel Rail and Regulator
Skunk2 Stage 2 Cams and Cam Gear
ITR Valvetrain including LMA's
ITR Valve Cover
CTR N1 Endurance Pulley
Chipped P28 w/ Ostrich Chip Emulator and realtime datalogging
AEM V2 Intake if i can fit it somehow
ACT XTSS Clutch
ACT ProLight Flywheel
Moroso Valve Cover Breaters
Custom Crankcase Evacuation System

Made almost 200whp in the teg, should make the hatchy quick

I have some other stuff waititng to go in as well, Fludiyne Radiaotr with SPAL fan, Z10 Traction Bars, ES Bushings, AEM Big Brake Kit, SS Brake Lines, whatvere else I can find lying aorun dthe house. Figure ill use up all my extra parts :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
red89si said:
BTW did anyone else have trouble loading this thread? Im on a high speed connection and it still took a couple of minutes :?
yeah threads with more than one or two pics sometimes don't load for me, today was the first time i got this one to load (tried severals times). all other threads load pretty quick.

that thang is gon' be swweeet once you get that engine in there. congrats on your latest project.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it seemed the community has a problem with taking pics form my usual host. Ive sinced changed from my mattminer.com hosting to photobucket and evrything seems to be laoding fine. For some reason te community forum wasnt resizing pics from my own host.

o well

[email protected]

·
Registered
603 Posts
mithuth said:
I hope you like it bro.

I'd like to say I miss it already, but I'm excited to get some Jeep parts and guns, :lol:

Nice actions photos too.

I can't believe the CD player quit, it's worked great for the last 9 years. lol. Maybe it's just a fuse.
You still sold it? I thought you came to the conclusion that you were going to keep it. What happened?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cant speak for him, but at least he knows its in good hands.....ive known mithuth aka sinful aka whatever for a few years now and he couldnt have sold the car to anyone better in our area i think.

plus now he can buy some sweet guns haha, and he saved my ass car-wise!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
CrxCarl said:
mithuth said:
I hope you like it bro.

Nice actions photos too.

You still sold it? I thought you came to the conclusion that you were going to keep it. What happened?
You're right, I planned to keep it and finish restoring it to stock. Then I read about Matt's plight with the Civic, and knew he needed a reliable vehicle. I've basically sat on this car for 4 years, and never did anything with it. Infact, I was looking at the odometer reading on the title and on the car now, and in 4 years, I think I put like maybe 4000 miles on it at best.

The CRX deserved an owner better than me; someone that could love it the way it deserved. Push it to it's limits, and all that... I was afraid to take it out in bad weather (read as: anything but 75+ degrees and sunshine) and didnt drive it hardly at all.

Matt's a great guy, and has helped me out in the past with other issues, so I thought it only fair that a guy like he should be the next owner of my baby. I dreaded selling it to someone around here. If I saw it every day slowly becoming a monstrosity with a body kit and giant wing, I'd shoot first and ask questions later. lol.

Maybe one day, I'll own another one. Maybe not. Time will tell. For now, the money I got out of it will go towards more guns/ammo and I'm going to lift my Jeep and put some good offroad tires on it.

Everyone's happy. :D

Edit: Though I no longer own a CRX, I do still feel love for the car and the community it holds together. I hope I can still lurk and not feel too much remorse for letting her go...

BTW Matt, how's "Gun-toting-maniac" doing? lol ...

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good good, but i think ill call her 'sinful' its a bit easier on the tongue. I got the wheels to fit, I seriously only had to grind off like 1 mm of edging on that upper link. It wa ****ting the wheel weights!

Shes getting inspected later this week, im considering putting on an OE looking tip from magnaflow that i have lying around. Its uber-clean looking.

My tack-weld has been holding up on the rear mount quite well. I got an alarm in her, and a sub for a little low end kick. Im installing 4 sets of component speakers this weekendn hopefully, lot of wiring in volved with that. My sub box is a little too big for the rex, Im thinking about floor mounting a single 12" sub, well see when it gets nice out.

hmm...what else....lots of compliments on it, a girl i know witha 91 si freaked out and offered me her first born for it haha, she had never seen one in such good shape.

installed a 2 way pager alarm....my power lock kit should be in any day then i can swap the handles to keyless ones. i dont know, things just keep on ticking...going real smooth. I love the handling. I took out your rear shims and put in some EZ-Arms so i could dial in a bit more - camber.

thats it so far.

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
swappped to red and balck si seats, fixed trunk leak, remoed sound deadening, removed emissions contorl devices. cleaned ou thte immense amount of clay-dust under all the interoior panels, replaced various slips and screws.

been busy selling off my other parts and just driving the thing. painted the axle back section of the exuast black and got a nice polished stockish tip. got some 'h' center caps for my rotas.

thats abou tit this week, ive had alot to do besides mess with the car....

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
d16z6rex said:
ha thanks for the tip rex2nr....thatll be straightedned out soon.

yeah man, the cd player was weird. its still 'on' and everything. no audio output. o well. if that and the steering wheel things are my only issues then Im ecstatic. Usually I have the worst luck ever.

At least I made it home!

yay
what are your steering wheel issues?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.