Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may remember back in January I lost my job as a Maintenance Controller/ Airline Mechanic when the airline I worked for for 9 years went out of business. Then went through 2 months of unemployment. Took a job as a contract helicopter mechanic for the Navy about 4 months ago. I found out that I think I'm a little old for the outdoor maintenance job after about 4 months.
So, I have just accepted a job at Micron Technology Inc.. I will be a equipment technician in the CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition) department. I will be repairing and maintaining the eqipment used in one step in the process of making silicon memory chips. :shock: I will be making DRAM computer memory! I will start in a week. The job is a $6 per hour raise from my current job with a lot of good benifits. I work a 12 hour shift four days one week and 3 days the next week! So I only work 7 days in a 14 day pay period! :D Wed-Fri off and every other Sat off.
So after 21 years of aviation maintenance I will be offically be leaving the Aviation Industry :( . I will miss it, but I consider this a great oppertunity that I don't want to miss.

Any one else here work in the Silicon industry? Wish me luck!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Good luck my man!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
There is always a need for computer memory.... Curcial which is about the top Ram manufacturer as far as I am concerned.. Is a division of micron.... I always buy Crucial.... Good to know that some of my dollars will be going to a fellow CRX Buff.. .

Congrats. . . .Chris

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also get a discount on memory :D. Bad part... I can't make N12 :cry:. Can't take any vaction for my first 3 months. Guess I'll go to the FL meet instead :D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.