Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol, i was just wondering if a rotary would be able to go in a Honda CRX??? thanks for ur time... and i know ur all proberly thinking im a d**khead or something because im asking it.... i just wanted to know if its possible?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
seti: that was great.

kinder: anything is possible if you've got the time and the money. and then maybe some more money after that...enter full restorations of crx's with k20 engines, b series with massive boost, and you can't forget the few crx's that have had a v-8 and a blower put in and you can barely see forward out of the windshield.

definate that supra tail lights are mandatory... :lol:

·
Registered
711 Posts
kinder said:
lol, i was just wondering if a rotary would be able to go in a Honda CRX??? thanks for ur time... and i know ur all proberly thinking im a d**khead or something because im asking it.... i just wanted to know if its possible?
There are many more efficient ways to make power out of a crx, though still, i'll give you points for Originality...

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
what was the old reply to these types of questions?

Show me 10 grand, you're engineering degree, and one other thing, and then maybe, just maybe it would work

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
If you've got the money...........

This'd be a very possible thing to do though.

And guys, enough of the F&F quote crap, and retarded replies when questions like this come up? Why can't a serious answer just be given? Its easy, and it won't make new members feel threatened to post questions... Think about it. It may be retarded to you, but it obviously isn't to the person asking about it. Chill out, and have fun, and think outside the f-in box..... If everyone was as close-minded as you guys, thered be no swaps, no k-series anything, and we'd all be driving around in bone stock cars that all look exactly alike.

:roll:

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
It could certainly be done I think. I'm just wondering if there were any front-drive rotary cars, or if the engines would bolt up to any of Mazda's front drive trans.

If you can answer that question, then fab up mounts and figure out the wiring, you'd be just about done. Certainly not easy, and you don't have the benefit of people doing it before, so you're pretty much on your own.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Having Measured a 3-rotor with the idea of getting something like this to work, it could definitely work with a 2-rotor. There would be a couple of insignificant, and very easy things that would need to be done. One, would be custom axles, and a custom intermediate shaft bracket.... no biggie if you have the skill to pull this swap off. Also, you'd have to build an adapter plate for a tranny. your benefit, is that since it spins a proper direction, you could literally shoose from almost any tranny you wanted to use in any car... after all, you have to make new mounts for it all anyway...

The biggest drawback to this car, would be that it'd be for fun only... there are no sanctioning bodies out there that are pleasant to cars that have motors in them from other manufacturers (unless it is an older toyota with a rotary in it, and rwd... lol!).

If you can -seriously- fabricate/weld, and are comfortable with it, then i'd say go for it........ however, if you were that comfortable with it, then you probably wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.... but i'll still try to answer it anyway. lol!

·
Registered
14 Posts
In all honest the idea isnt that far out there if you look at the majority of the top end auto-x cars in the modified divisions at championship levels they almost all have rotarys due to the power to weight that they have it is a good idea but as far as practicle, only if you have your own shop a lot of experince and a very big budget

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the advice guys:D i know it would cost alot of money and neeed some very experianced guys... maybe if i had the money id give it ago but i just dont have that kinda money!! lol.... mayone oneday

thanks for ur help!!:D

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
dohcya said:
AHHHH sweet, someone else dips their fries in frostys???? awesome! 8)
Mmmm, I love that too. I taught my 2-year old daughter to do it a couple weeks ago, but she didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did.

·
Registered
416 Posts
black_krix_si said:
crxfisher said:
dohcya said:
AHHHH sweet, someone else dips their fries in frostys???? awesome! 8)
Mmmm, I love that too. I taught my 2-year old daughter to do it a couple weeks ago, but she didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did.
Hi. My name is Tim. I like to dip french fries into my Frosty.
People actually do this? Am I missing something...that sounds absolutely horrible. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.