Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
I think Tom has a point. If you look at the design of the rims, they look like they are directional and scoop air to cool the rotor better if installed in the opposite direction shown.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
in the brochure pics, they are installed that way, now the 90-91 Swirlies are installed the opposite. I always thought the rounded end went into the wind on both

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
dohcrxl said:
I think Tom has a point. If you look at the design of the rims, they look like they are directional and scoop air to cool the rotor better if installed in the opposite direction shown.
Nah, I doubt they were designed for anything but looks. They do have an R and an L but I still doubt they are unidirectional.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Well, there are two of each direction, and they are marked left and right. The DA wheels are the same way. I've always liked that about these wheels, Honda thought about it and did it right. Most other similar style wheels are all the same, so one side looks different from the other. The RSX wheels are the same way, but more subtle. And yeah, like Heu said, they are meant to "scoop" air, though I don't think it's functional, it just looks cool, like the CRX is going to rip out the pavement with it's 100hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.