Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a west wings body kit because i love the body style of them there not aggressive like all the others. So i want to get one but i dont know where to get one from and the only place ive seen them for sale on is at andys auto or whatever and ive heard bad things. So i was wondering where to get one other then ebay?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya thx for the help i already had check there website but they dont sell to people only retailers and then i also had seen that post before but it seems like not one are for sale

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any1 else have any advice it sucks that this whole project car is gonna get screwed cause i cant get the body kit i want. do you guys know of any good replicas.??? HELP!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
You will be able to get a WW urethane kit. First get the local listings of resellers from the WW site. Then call them and they will tell you how much it will be. The kits are discontinued but not out of stock, at least not the last time I tried.

Also if you are a little patient and look around you will find one new. I just sold the one I had that was never used a few weeks ago. I bought it from another member. So they are available in private sales.

They are out there. Of course there are many used kits out there too. They require a lot of work stripping the paint. But if you can do that yourself then you can save $.

I am done with urethane myself. I'm going fiberglass.

·
Registered
720 Posts
While it is true that urethane is more flexible it also has it's disadvantages. Such as expanding and contracting with heat. It's flexibility is one of the "pros" that I now (IMO) consider a "con" in that body parts that are flexible seem cheap to me. I don't want to grab the bottom of a rear bumper and be able to flex it. Also it is some peoples opinion that paint looks beter on fiberglass. Also if you do get hit or hit something with your urethane bumper the paint (unless it has mad amounts of flex added to it) will be still be messed up. You will then have to spend time stripping the paint off most if not all the bumper to properly respray it. Fiberglass can also be repaired. I don't like the "plastic Fisherprice" feeling I get with urethane. Call me crazy.

Now for a car that will see lot's of street time and is driven a lot I would say the WW urethane is a great way to go.

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
azulito said:
Call me crazy.
OK your crazy.

The fitment of my urethane kit is just like stock. I dont notice any expansion in the summer or shrinkage in the winter. I have hit a couple things with the bumper and nothing happened to the paint. You have to have someone paint it right and with a flex agent. Some fiberglass is better than others but most glass kits I personally see have cracks and chunks missing where people have hit things. As far as painting fiberglass is so much more easy to paint than urethane. Most factory bumpers are made of the same or similiar material.

Fisherprice?? come on :lol:

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
jfish360 said:
eBay link

What do you guys think? I don't know what the real one looks like, but this one just says fake. And is it just me or is it all ripped up at the top like where hood meets it?

And is it worth it? opinions?
It looks genuine but it's for a Civic HB, it won't fit a CRX perfectly.

My opinion on body kits is to do an SiR conversion, fits like Honda intended but you still get a better style.

ABS plastic OEM JDM FTW! :p

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
can u spare me 1000 dollars and a plane ticket to tokyo or wutever, try looking for one theres like a 20 person waiting list on password.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.