Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know. XMODS are old news. But I just bought an XMODS NSX radio controlled car (1/24 scale) last month with plans to swap over a CRX body to it. I'm working on it today. I bought the Fujimi CR-X Si model kit:

to put on this:

I've seen people talk about it online saying they are starting this project but then I never see a finished product. No pictures. What's up with that? So has anybody else here done this? I'll post the pictures when I get it done.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I think Sinful.. Mithuth, eh,, whatever he calls himself these days did the swap with an Xmod... a friend of his stepped on it though, so last I knew he was working on putting the SiR body on

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
rex2nr said:
I think Sinful.. Mithuth, eh,, whatever he calls himself these days did the swap with an Xmod... a friend of his stepped on it though, so last I knew he was working on putting the SiR body on
Right you are. I'l lask him and see if he still has pics etc...

·
Registered
711 Posts
crxfisher said:
Ok, I know. XMODS are old news. But I just bought an XMODS NSX radio controlled car (1/24 scale) last month with plans to swap over a CRX body to it.
this is something i'd love to do too! i'm an RC head myself :D

i wish somebody made a 1/18 body for the CRX

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
mithuth said:
rex2nr said:
first he tries to sell his rex for a jeep, then he starts talking to himself... folks.. he really has lost it!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
rex2nr said:
mithuth said:
rex2nr said:
first he tries to sell his rex for a jeep, then he starts talking to himself... folks.. he really has lost it!
It's just fo dekarashun, Woo Woo.

I was talking to CRX Fisher on YSM when I posted that. hehe. I gave him some info and XMODS mods to make his CRX-Xmod faster than stock.

·
Registered
529 Posts
im pretty sure the RSX has a slightly shorter frame than any of the other XMods... in case you're having any length issues

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You actually want one of the longer wheelbases because of the different scales. The XMODS are 1/28, and the Fujimi is 1/24. The NSX one I bought has an adjustable length wheelbase in the rear. I adjusted to the longest setting and it actually works pretty good for fitment. I'll post some pics soon. I painted the body already. Looks pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, here are a couple teaser pics. The body isn't done, no glass, and the rear-mount isn't done. Getting close, and it's gonna be sweet when it's done.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
that's looks great. a friend of mine has an RSX xmod, I was impressed at how fast they are for being so small. definately fun to mess around with!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Now that you lengthen the wheelbase (as I was going to suggest you do, for fitment reasons) you'll need the longest driveshaft.

If I were you, I'd look on eBay and grab up a "long" wheelbase carbon fiber one. The lightened wight will free up so much torque and speed form the stock steel ones.

As I suggested on Yahoo, get the following mods in this order:
  • Bearing Kit- frees up a lot of speed
    Carbon Driveshaft - frees up torque and power
    Tire Kit - why have power with no grip
    Stage2 Engine upgrade - I prefer the red 9t for small areas and the yellow 10t for open parking lots.
    Suspension Kit - yellow front/ red rear for indoors or blue/blue for outdoors

After all that, I'd look into ways to add a 5th or 6th cell upgrade, or go to Lithium Ions, like I showed you my Subaru WRX has.

With the increase from 4.8v to 6.0v or 7.2v you'll see a HUGE difference in performance! (note: your stock electronics package can only hold up to a 7.2v load.) You'll also want to consider a few more optional upgrades at this point, such as:
  • All Wheel Drive - can't steer 7.2V without it.
    Aluminum rear cup joints - You'll understand what I mean when you split your first one in half.

That's about all I can think of right now. If I think of more, I will add to this thread, ot yahoo MSG you. lol

·
Registered
859 Posts
omg xmods have come a ways since i did it when they first cam out, i think i am going to do this lol, make a write up on the mounts for the shell

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
shadowcrx said:
omg xmods have come a ways since i did it when they first cam out, i think i am going to do this lol, make a write up on the mounts for the shell
Google Search for Infernal Xmods and Xmods World, there's tons of custom body mount write ups.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts