Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a d16y8 swap in my 91 Si. I planned to use a p28 and later on tune it. It is also getting supercharged.

The shop called today and said that it only works with stock dist and ecu. With the Rywire obd0-1 conversion harness and the obd0-2 dist harness it will not start up correctly. It doesnt fire right. With the stock ecu and y8 dist it still wont fire correctly.

I emailed Rywire on some suggestions, but I need to call the shop tomorrow on what I want to do.

My alternatives are: Run the car with pm6 and a6 dist and figure it out myself later on for the y8. Or have the shop do it.

Please guys I am dire need to get my rex back, and im so excited! Please I want some help...

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
It should be fine, that's what I'm running. Make sure the distributor is good. The Y8 dizzy will not work with an OBD0 ECU, the pulse rates from the dizzy are different between OBD0 and 1/2. 1/2 are interchangable, they have the same pulse rates, so as long as the conversion harnesses are all set, the car should run fine. There are timing differences between the stock Z6 map on the P28 and the Y8 head, but it should run fine (mine did).
Personally, I would tell the shop to put the A6/OBD0 stuff back in, and do it yourself. Socket your P28, and have someone make you a chip for a base Y8 map (Matt Miner should have one, he did my car). Then when you get it, plug in the Y8 dizzy and p28. If the dizzy and ECU work right, you should be all set.
I was having tons of problems on mine (did my own wiring too), only to find that the distributor I had was bad. It would only run (very badly too) when I had it retarded a lot. New dizzy and it fired up and ran perfectly, even on a stock Z6 map with ZC pistons.

What is your exact setup? Send me an IM if you're still having trouble, I've gone through everything with this swap.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill call them tomorrow and to get everything to me. The shop is a great shop and they have built many of high hp hondas but I just think with this kind of setup the mech got a lil confused.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the crx back today. Running on a PM6 with the A6 distributor. For some reason it won't run on the p28 with y8 dist.

Does anyone have any ideas?'

edit-anyone happen to know the phone number for rywire?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the crx community so much.

Zdyne ecu should be here before next week. Probably a new distributor if need be. Then I should be running tuned. 8)

mattminerdotcom ftw...

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Ha, you should come out about even when you sell the Rywire harness' and dis...youll be just like stock plus 2 wires for vtec and launch control.

You need a better a6 dis as well? I may have a spare I could send, Ill include it in there if I do.

Were gonna get you all fixed up

[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.