Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=665858

wheelbase is 50mm longer than 2g crx, height exactly the same, 250mm longer overall, also about 250mm wider than the crx.

Seems to suggest they would use the 4-cyl IMA motor that's in the current civic hybrid which is 110 hp, 123 ft/lb. If they could keep the weight down and boost the output a little it would be ok I think.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
how about showing the real pictures?

http://www.autobloggreen.com/photos/hon ... s-concept/

those sketches were given out weeks ago ahead of geneva.

and i think this one in particular, vs the remix, is more of an insight replacement, thus why its a hybrid. whether or not you consider the insight a crx replacement is another issue. but considering, the possibility ot make the "next insight" more sporty, thats exciting, but more skeptical.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Eeeek!
That rear end looks like something off of a eclipse.
Umm... :puke:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Everybody wants to down all these concepts and wannabe's, but lets cut the bull. I think everybody gets excited and posts this stuff up time and time again because its amazing how much the crx is influencing these new concepts. All the greats come back into the lineup eventually, who would have thought that the challenger would be produced again? Its all about timing, when our generation gets old enough im sure honda will consider releasing a new version of the crx to provide a chance to recapture youth. By that time parts for original crx's and their value as a whole will probably be increased a considerable amount. You cant say NEVER WILL, and stop getting so fed up and pissed off people... let it be what it is and lets enjoy our cars importance and the mark its set in the automotive industry! :greenbanana:

·
Registered
473 Posts
I still think its ugly as sin. Its like a God's car wedge gone all kinds of wrong.

Whether or not it will "never happen," I'm not exactly one to look at every photoshop or forum post and say HEY CRX. Its just a downer for me - I love mine, and if a new one comes out I'd get a loan and buy it if it was reasonable and sporty, but I don't like to consistently go "OH OH.. no." "Maybe this time!" I only say all this because I think that's the general feeling of several other members, I could be entirely wrong though :D Sure have been before!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
hcrx333 said:
I think everybody gets excited and posts this stuff up time and time again because its amazing how much the crx is influencing these new concepts.
That is where you're wrong.
I don't get excited, just tired of seeing these concept rumors or photoshopped concepts posted on forums for the past 10+ yrs about the Crx's return.

Until i see a Crx in a Honda showroom, the Crx is not making a comeback.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Maybe there should be a sticky where the "NEW CRX" discussion goes on. That way, the people that say, "Not again!!!" and the people that say, "New CRX coming out!!!" will all be happy. There will be a place for this discussion and those who are not interested don't have to look. I guess they don't have to look here either....
It is an interesting topic to some (including me). So when someone posts a thread like this, its very discouraging to hear the negative comments (not about the car but about posting on the topic).
How about it mods?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think if they broke up that rear end by actually having some kind of bumper (like the crx...) it would look a lot better. If you take off the bumper on the crx and make it totally flat it would look exactly like that. Just give it a little break.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.