Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question is

h22 with an h2b kit , or a stock b16 on 9 psi

So I'm in a little bind, now take into consideration that you're spending someone elses money so its not an issue here. I want to hear what you guys have to think.

And dammit, K series is not an option here :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Using a B series turbo setup using a DART block with the 226mm deck height and 84.1mm bore with a B16 cylinder head, VTEC conversion and a rod/crankshaft setup for that 1.70ish rod to stroke ratio to make sure everything remains copacetic with the engine geometry.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
H22 lots of torque but not an easy swap. Great car if you port and polish head and just leave the block stock.
Stock B16 with turbo 9lbs I guess max is about 260-280 horse and you are at the upper limits of forced induction with stock block. Still will have issue of low torque at low rpms. Safer at 6-7lbs.
B16 sleeved bored out to 84mm at least a fair amount of torque, easy swap great motor geometry hense good reving and you can go as high as you want with the turbo as long as you have good pistons and rods.
B18c bored out to 84mm with b16 or gsr head-in my mind the best choice, and at 6-7lbs pressure, could leave the block stock and not explode.

Other issue is once you get above about 240 horse, you are over the limit of the Integra axles and you need bigger ones to not not break.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
baker_jeff said:
B16 is lighter, smaller, cheaper, parts cheaper, etc. It's been done tons before, so you won't have any trouble putting it all together.
Keep um coming, I'm open to any ideas. Remember though I can fabricate things.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
fabby-shmabby.... don't matter, Blown-B is still like B-Butter yO!

<~~~ over 300hp @ 16psi on a stock block B16, and the motor ran 100% up until the day the car died from nose-trauma... lol! Damn near 11's... 12.08 @ 117mph. Its all in the tune, and a few other doo-diddy-dads, and the good ol' K.I.S.S. theory...

"K.I.S.S. Theory" can also mean now: "K Is Super Sexy", but thats not what i'm saying ^ there 8)

·
Registered
53 Posts
ComposiMo said:
fabby-shmabby.... don't matter, Blown-B is still like B-Butter yO!

<~~~ over 300hp @ 16psi on a stock block B16, and the motor ran 100% up until the day the car died from nose-trauma... lol! Damn near 11's... 12.08 @ 117mph. Its all in the tune, and a few other doo-diddy-dads, and the good ol' K.I.S.S. theory...

"K.I.S.S. Theory" can also mean now: "K Is Super Sexy", but thats not what i'm saying ^ there 8)
And John should know because he IS a sexy beast! LOL! :lol:
Yeah, personally, I'd say go with a sleeved B series motor.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
crxsitogo said:
has anyone here ver decided on a stroker kit for their b-series? I'm just wondering since I see them online, but nobody has posted on them...
Usually there a lot and better choices

1QWKCRX sleeving was not an option

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
:posts .02 cents:
My vote is a LS vtec boosted.
Not that I wouldnt have a dart block and a B16 head or anything. :whistles: :lol:
I'll be boosting a 211 mm 84.5mm dart block with a nice P&P B16 head! WOOT!
GL on your decision

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Hey if your gonna go....go big! :D

·
Registered
731 Posts
90blackcrx said:
lol b16 was only an option not an ls/vtec.
I say the c32a NSX motor man. That thing has like a kajillion HP and it'd be like so cool to like have a mid rear CRX. :wink: :wink:

JK, I'm gonna go with the boosted b16 here because it's tried and true. More than many people know the ins/outs do's/don'ts of it. The market is big, you wont have problems finding stuff for it.

I think pricewise the two set-ups would come out about the same right?

b16 1500
turbo 1800?
mounts 300
shift linkage 200

h22 2000?
h2b plate 900?
mounts 400
shift linkage 200

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dohcrxl said:
90blackcrx said:
lol b16 was only an option not an ls/vtec.
b16 1500
turbo 1800?
mounts 300
shift linkage 200

h22 2000?
h2b plate 900?
mounts 400
shift linkage 200
I already have the b series trans, and I already have the b series engine mounts. And I can pick up an h22 for 1,000

I'm leaning more towards the turbo setup but thought it would be fun to see what people said. We have an h22 shop car, its in an eg hatch and the thing just flys. 12's on street tires and the engine is stock, hit 11's on slicks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
turbo B.

on another note some mentioned a turbo ls/vtec setup.... hehe
i can't remember where I saw the video but i saw a ls/vtec boosted making 803 hp at the wheels.... you should hear the gd thing... omg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.