Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
No you will need the fuel rail. I've owned a few different generation intake manifolds and you'll notice that the Pre-OBD (91-) mounting points are not the same as the OBD-1 (92-95). I'm unsure of OBD2.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's easier to use the OBD-0 one because the OBD-1 FPR Return Nipple is a smaller diameter. When I put my D15B (Similar to your Z6 IM) in I had to use the OBD-1 FPR because the old one was shot... that meant using a smaller return line to a convertor to the original return line hose cut in half. The hard return line at the firewall (near injector resistor box and brake booster) is too large to just run the OBD-1 return line directly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The "canister" on the back is the EACV (Electronic Air Control Valve) which is used to increase the idle when the A/C cuts on so the engine doesn't bog/cutoff. There should be one on the Z6 (Not identical, smaller but uses same plug/wires)

The white plug is the Intake Air Temperature Sensor. You may need to extend the wires on your harness. I personally had to unwrap that part of the engine harness and untangle the wires for the correct plug to move it towards the back center section of the Intake Manifold rather that the original driverside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.