(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Source for Door Molding?

Detailing, rust repair, body work, paint, body kits, interior upgrades and rebuilding.

Moderator: Moderators

Source for Door Molding?

Postby Blazer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:41 am

Hi Guys,

I pulled off the side panels from my body kit. (poorly installed by previous owner, looked like it was going to fly off when driving) I've decided to take the car back to a more factory look. Where can I find some of the door molding/side trim pieces in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area? Is my best bet a junk yard? I'd rather not pay the shipping on such large items if I can avoid it.

Thanks
Blazer

Postby bambbrose » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:03 am

Your best bet is the junkyard or here on the classifieds.

One thing to note is that the 88-89 moldings are different than the 90-91 units.

All years will fit in place just fine, but you have to match the side moldings with your bumpers. So if you have 88-89 bumpers you need 88-89 door moldings.

I have a full set of used 88-89 if you want as I just changed my car over to 90-91. Willing to sell the whole set (all six) for $45 shipped.

As for the lower moldings along the rocker panel and bottom of the door, I'm fairly sure you can get those from any year CRX.
bambbrose

Postby Blazer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:44 am

I have a 90' Si. The front and Rear Bumpers are not stock, they have been changed also. For now, I need the side panel and door moldings for each side. Thank you for your offer on the other panels, I would jump on it if it was for my year model. I know my doors won't match my bumpers for now, but anything will look better than the square trim mounting holes in the doors that I have now, lol.
Blazer

Postby tonyguns » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:40 pm

hondapartscheap.com is a good place for brand new ones. they are still in stock for now.
Frost White 91 CRX Si
Frost White 91 CRX HF
TN10 on facebook!!
tonyguns

Postby Baker » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:21 pm

tonyguns wrote:hondapartscheap.com is a good place for brand new ones. they are still in stock for now.

Also try your local Honda dealer. I picked up a pair from my dealer a few months back. It may save you some $ on shipping.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby bronzefury » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:24 pm

How do you remove the moldings and re-attach new ones? I'm obviously new to this but am considering doing this change. I just don't know how tough it is to do and what parts I need if I order OEM.

Thanks,
bronzefury

Postby Baker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:59 am

bronzefury wrote:How do you remove the moldings and re-attach new ones? I'm obviously new to this but am considering doing this change. I just don't know how tough it is to do and what parts I need if I order OEM.

You can go to your dealer and ask for the parts and order from them, possibly saving on shipping that you would have to pay if you order online from somewhere.

Click this
Body Side Protector
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby bronzefury » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:47 am

Thanks for the pix
bronzefury

Postby Baker » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:22 am

bronzefury wrote:Thanks for the pix

No problem.
That first pic is from the Honda factory service manual.

Def worth picking up.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby bronzefury » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:17 pm

I was considering it but now I don't think I'd be able to do it without damaging the door if I try removing from the outside. Not only that, it isn't possible to determine the precise location of the clips without trying to pry the door protector.

The other alternative would be to try it from the inside. Would you say it is easier to open from the inside? Got any good tips?

I'll check about getting a manual.
bronzefury

Postby Fire Marshal Bill » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:14 pm

bronzefury wrote:I was considering it but now I don't think I'd be able to do it without damaging the door if I try removing from the outside. Not only that, it isn't possible to determine the precise location of the clips without trying to pry the door protector.

The other alternative would be to try it from the inside. Would you say it is easier to open from the inside? Got any good tips?

I'll check about getting a manual.

FYI, here's a good free online manual the guys here at the Community gave me a link to, i've used it a lot the last few weeks:

http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html
Hers- '90 CRX DX, stock D15B2, Polar white w/blue interior
His- '91 CRX Si, stock D16A6, Rio red
Fire Marshal Bill

Postby SETI20 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:38 am

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_part ... vin=&Label[ProductID]=CRX&Label[YearID]=1990&Label[DoorID]=2&Label[GradeID]=SI&Label[AreaID]=KA&Label[TransmissionID]=5MT&Label[SectionID]=BODY+%2F+AIR+CONDITIONING&Label[IllustrationGroupID]=SIDE+PROTECTOR&ProductID=9&YearID=29&DoorID=1&GradeID=11&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=3&SectionID=8&IllustrationGroupID=6074
This link has the original honda parts # included.
SETI20

Re: Source for Door Molding?

Postby jonstott » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Im also in the Dallas/Fort worth area and have a black 89 CRX that I need the driver side door trim piece in black. If anyone knows where I can get that please let me know. I also need the drivers side molding piece for the the window too. Thanks for your help.
jonstott

Re: Source for Door Molding?

Postby nylumiro24 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:48 pm

hondapartscheap.com, colleghillhonda.com, hondapartsdeal.com are the 3 online stores where i get my OEm stuff, ohhh and yeah the stealership too.
nylumiro24
El Chapulín

Re: WTB Your 88-89 door moldings

Postby MrR3NAISSANC3 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:29 am

I see this Post has been a minute, but I'm checking and willing to buy the door moldings as I have an '88 CRX. Are these still available? Thank you

bambbrose wrote:Your best bet is the junkyard or here on the classifieds.

One thing to note is that the 88-89 moldings are different than the 90-91 units.

All years will fit in place just fine, but you have to match the side moldings with your bumpers. So if you have 88-89 bumpers you need 88-89 door moldings.

I have a full set of used 88-89 if you want as I just changed my car over to 90-91. Willing to sell the whole set (all six) for $45 shipped.

As for the lower moldings along the rocker panel and bottom of the door, I'm fairly sure you can get those from any year CRX.
MrR3NAISSANC3

Re: WTB Your 88-89 door moldings

Postby bambbrose » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:46 am

MrR3NAISSANC3 wrote:I see this Post has been a minute, but I'm checking and willing to buy the door moldings as I have an '88 CRX. Are these still available? Thank you

bambbrose wrote:Your best bet is the junkyard or here on the classifieds.

LOL that was back when you could still get them! I would pay $50 for one piece at today's rates. The best place to find them is on ebay, junkyards, or facebook marketplace at this point. Clean sets are getting harder to come by!
bambbrose

Return to Restoration, Cosmetics, and Detailing