Honda CRX Forum banner

I had a mishap, Here is where it starts.

6K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  piratew5 
#1 ·
So, I was trying out a new road today that my friend was showing me up in the mountains where I live. And, he got ahead of me, and me never being on this road before took caution. However, there was one specific turn that took a curve a little more than I anticipated it to be. Low and behold, I under steered while my wheels locked up and I flew off the side of the road... and on the other side, a mountain. Damn, this really has to happen?

Well I'm glad I'm alright and happy the things happened the way the did because it could have got A LOT worse.

I took this Image right before we were gonna go check out the road, it's the last one with my rex being clean :(

and...

I actually think this one looks pretty well, but still.

and...

try and find my car real fast..

One 200 dollar towing bill later...
heres the after math :(

I ran through a barb wire fence... I don't even know where to start or whether I want to even attempt repairing it :(

What should I do guys?

See less See more
#2 ·
if there is frame damage, it could be alot more of a pain in the ass.

it doesnt look too serious though, so i'd say:

hunt down a used fender through either the classifieds, craigslist or junkyard
the rest looks to be scratches in the paint and dings so bring it to a shop and have it repainted. really for the minor amount of work required to get it back on the road you should just do it and keep the rex.

ohh and you will likely need an alignment too.

if money is an issue, drive it how it is for now, or find and install the fender and just drive it without being repainted until you can afford that.

good luck, and KCCO

#6 ·
dont worry that will buff out, with a little sweat and elbow grease..

It definitely could have ended up alot worse for you and your rex.. danger averted and you saved yourself and your car from what could have been a disaster.. good luck with bringing her back..

#7 ·
My only problem is that it's black paint. and that being said. I'm going to have to re sand the whole car and make it perfectly smooth before painting it :/ That's a problem because I wont have time after winter break.

I have discovered new problems after the accident as well.
Now, when I start my car, I hear a loud rattle in my engine bay.
Also, my hood cable doesn't "pop" the hood anymore anymore, Idk why this is :/

Any suggestions on the hood? How can I repair that dent? bondo?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARTS FOUND:
OEM ANTENNA - $20
OEM FENDER (WHITE) - $40
OEM R-SIDE MIRROR - $25

Parts needed:
OEM R-SIDE DOOR NO EXTRAS -50$ NO DENTS
OEM R-SIDE DOOR MIDDLE MOLDING -$60

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I don't know how to attempt this paint job though :/

#14 ·
Hey guys, here's an update!

Okay, so a lot has happened since my mishap so let me fill you guys in.

Parts Obtained:
OEM BNIB: Door guard mouldings (all 6 peices)
OEM BNIB: rear mudflaps
OEM BNIB: antenna
OEM BNIB: quarter panel molding
OEM BNIB: triangle honda sticker
OEM BNIB: top roof stripe mouldings
OEM BNIB: driver and passenger window outter moldings
OEM BNIB: Driver and passenger door sashes
CRX OEM USDM Fog Lights
CRX Bumper support w/ fog light harness
CRX Fog light switch
CRX T-Bar
CRX Passenger Mirror
CRX Passenger Fender
CRX passenger Door

Body Work:
Front bumper has been restored
Door has beed restored
Fender has been restored
Passenger side roof support beam has been restored

Progress:
Crossmember has been bent to -.5 degrees on the drivers side to match the bent passengers side. practically making it perfect.
Taking this opprotunity to fix some squeeks inside the cabin.

Still needs work:
Replace passenger's side Axle
Replace driver's side wheel bearing

Future Purchases:
2000-2001 Civic Si Rims
CRX lower door "L" shaped door guard (passenger)

--PAINT IS COMING VERY SOON!--

Pics:
My collection thus far lol

Parts and Progress

I'll post more when I have it!

#16 ·
Damn! yo are lucky that didnt flip. and it dont look bad at all! just some cosmetic damage...unless the frame is fucked which will be a totally different story but it doesnt look bad at all. Sorry your drive got fucked though. but always look at the bright side.. you still have a fucking REX.

GRATE JOB ON REPAIRS. looks nice!

#17 ·
Sorry to see your rex at her low, but nicely saved. Love seeing these posts where they have had a mishap and now are bringing them back! Keep it up. Also just wondering where you are finding OEM White Fenders for 40$? I need a pair badly. Keep us updated!

#19 ·
I find that craigslist is the best place to find parts quick for a great price, The fender I got was from a junkyard however and it was already black with some minor dings.

All updates are on my main thread now which is:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=62162

Also, I got some really good updates coming soon. EF8 power folding mirrors are EDM spoiler on its way to being on my car.

love this thing, best car in the world!

#20 ·
I'd put curise control in it while you have is apart. Just me but I'm lazy like that...lol

#21 ·
piratew5 said:
I'd put curise control in it while you have is apart. Just me but I'm lazy like that...lol
I'd add it, but... its so frikken hard to find OEM CRX cruise control... side's i'd want a speedo with the cruise light, and would want to add power steering... so basically... TONS OF $$$ for my standards haha

gotta do it right the first time right?? :p

#22 ·
Rex All Day said:
piratew5 said:
I'd add it, but... its so frikken hard to find OEM CRX cruise control... side's i'd want a speedo with the cruise light, and would want to add power steering... so basically... TONS OF $$$ for my standards haha

gotta do it right the first time right?? :p
You mean you'd want it to look like this...lol.

I did a DIY write up on how to install it. Whole thing less than $100 and I know you have a Pick-U-Part in LA, I use to live in San Diego, CA. You'd be hard pressed to tell this didn't come from the Honda factory this way in my car.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63817

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.