(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

question about part interchangeability

Anything goes, as long as it follows the Community Rules.

Moderator: Moderators

question about part interchangeability

Postby brickoelise » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:15 pm

this upcoming sunday i am purchasing an '86 civic sedan, and have some questions about part interchangeability with the 1g civic of it's time. I have read the wonderfully compiled list on this page, however it has not provided me with the answers i am looking for.

Are any of the exterior components from the 1g crx compatible with the 3g civic?
are any of the interior components from the 1g crx compatible with the 3g civic?
are there any common modifications involving parts from either/or?

there is not much of an aftermarket support for the 3g civic sedan, is this because people often buy crx parts for it instead? i apologize for my ignorance as this civic will be my introduction to the honda community.
brickoelise
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Re: question about part interchangeability

Postby Baker » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:28 am

brickoelise wrote:I have read the wonderfully compiled list on this page, however it has not provided me with the answers i am looking for.


That list is specifically for 1G Crx mods and parts, which is why you won't find info for the 3rd gen Civic sedan.

brickoelise wrote:
Are any of the exterior components from the 1g crx compatible with the 3g civic?
are any of the interior components from the 1g crx compatible with the 3g civic?
are there any common modifications involving parts from either/or?


Image
Image

Based on really looking, it looks like nothing exterior wise will swap over, the front ends are similar, but they do have differences that will make direct interchangeability not possible.
For example, the hood, headlights, corner lights, front nose panel and bumper covers are similar, but when you look are different. I expect the interiors to do the same thing, just based on comparing pics of the two.

brickoelise wrote:there is not much of an aftermarket support for the 3g civic sedan, is this because people often buy crx parts for it instead?


It's because it's a 3rd gen Civic sedan, they weren't known for performance nor is there a huge fan base for that platform. Most gravitate towards the Civic hatch and Crx variant.
User avatar
Baker
Mr. Search
 
Posts: 20041
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:48 am
Location: The 607 Fingerlakes Region of NY


Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests