(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

TK's Y49 Si

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: TK's Y49 Si

Postby kcjohnnyboy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:17 pm

how much did your body guy charge you? i'm looking for a good body and paint guy to do my y49 rex!
kcjohnnyboy

Postby t.k » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:20 am

ohisofly wrote:Looks great after the respray :-)b

Thanks!

AZCRXSI wrote:Wow, looking sharp!
Coming together nicely! Curious to see what the front lip looks like on... :-)b

Unfortunately, the lip I purchased off of eBay was a terrible fit(big surprise, right?). So I decided to not mount it and will most likely sell it locally.

kcjohnnyboy wrote:how much did your body guy charge you? i'm looking for a good body and paint guy to do my y49 rex!

I paid way too much and got sub par work in my opinion. I would just go around town and get some quotes along with examples and make an educated decision about who you want to be working on your car. Looking back I wish I had done the same.

Well it's been almost 3 months with no updates but I'm finally back!

The car has been sitting at a friends house while I've getting some things in order. Got a weird CEL 0 issue that I gotta work out, But it still runs and drives. I feel like i'm more than likely going to need a new P28, and i'll probably just shell out the money for a phearable one so I can just transfer my S300 myself. Also my Odyssey battery went out last week, I've already ordered a replacement and it'll be here by the end of the week.

Other than that i'll be raising the car up and setting up the suspension a little better as the lowness is too much for the moment. I'm also buying a new AC compressor and getting the car recharged, because Texas.

Finally, I bought a pair of JDM power folding mirrors from sloshed earlier this year. I sourced the switch and relay, gave them to my installer on Saturday and he's already got them all working so now I just gotta get them painted to match the car and install them!

I should be back on a normal pace with updates and work on the car after my 3 month hiatus.
'90 Y49 ED9 Si - Build Thread
'06 NHBP KB1 ASPEC - pic
t.k

Postby t.k » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:16 pm

My new battery came in today so I installed it and enjoyed driving her around for the rest of the day.

I did a quick wash and snapped a couple pics while I was running errands.

I guess I didn't realize how much I actually installed since my last update. You can see the EDM H4 headlights, the prelude fog lights, amber lenses/corners (i'm switching to the EDM clear corners with amber bulbs), the EDM rear taillights, new OEM 'Honda' and 'SiR' rear badges, as well as the rear and window visors.

I've already dropped the power folding mirrors off for paint so as soon as those are done i'll be finishing up the front and rear fog light wiring, to add in OEM fog buttons for each, installing the power folding mirrors and doing a mild wire tuck to get all the extra wiring routed through the fenders.

I still need to take another go at mating the integra center console up to the CRX's, and figure out how i'm going to mount my power mirror switch as the mounting location is missing a piece and I don't want to have to buy a whole new dash for one switch.

Other than i'm sure i'll be driving it around this weekend so i'll be sure to snap some more pics, including the interior.
'06 NHBP KB1 ASPEC - pic
t.k

Postby t.k » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 am

Finally got a couple updates worth posting.

Got a bunch of maintenance done over the past 2 weeks, including:
-replaced sub frame (passenger side had stress tears)
-new steering rack (was tired of the sloppy steering)
-new valve cover gasket set, including cam plug, dizzy o-ring, vtec solenoid gasket etc
-new brake pads all the way around
-turned all rotors
-brake fluid flush
-coolant flush
-new AC compressor + drier
-evacuated and refilled freon (she's blowing nice and cold now!)
-then some odd's and end's like lower ball joint boots and axle band clamps

I also raised the car up slightly and softened up the front pre load, still need to fine tune the rears as they're still a tad stiff for my liking. But she is sitting pretty now.

I should also have my EF8 mirrors back this weekend, and I plan on installing them next weekend, along with my front and rear fog light switches. My buddy sent me a couple pics of them smoothed out ready for paint.

Other than that I have my Accord climate control, as the replacement CRX one I installed broke shorty after installation so i'm upgrading to the Accord one as i'm tired of f'n with the CRX ones.

Lastly, a buddy of mine on the east coast recently upgraded his motor/turbo setup in his del sol and said he'd sell me his old turbonetics turbo kit, as well as head/block internals for cheap, so we're currently in the process of figuring out all the shipping and what not. If time and money serve me well I should be able to have the car boosted by the end of the year, which i'm pretty excited for. Anyone know of a cheap freight option for shipping a long block?

That's it for now! I'll most likely be daily driving it for the next couple weeks so i'll try and get some more pics for you guys.
'06 NHBP KB1 ASPEC - pic
t.k

Postby t.k » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Got a couple pics from my friend who's painting my mirrors.

Also had the car throw a code 11 on the way home so i'm guessing there's an air pocket in my cooling system, as it did overheat for a split second, although both fans were running. I'll figure that out this weekend.
'06 NHBP KB1 ASPEC - pic
t.k

Postby JDMCrx91 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Badass stuff bro. I see you are from Tx, what part. Im from DFW
"Correct Me If I'm Wrong... That's Why I Joined" Crxcommunity.com
1991 Crx Si(turbo)
My Build Thread https://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=34412
1991 Crx Si (sleeper) 3/17/13
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=64610
1992 240sx coupe
JDMCrx91

Postby tommy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:30 am

If possible, could you document the install of both fog lights? Fronts and rear are one of my winter projects, now that I have the car running well for the first time in a couple of years. Much appreciated if you could, thanks.
1990 ZcSi
tommy
Not Forgotten

Postby t.k » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:29 am

JDMCrx91 wrote:Badass stuff bro. I see you are from Tx, what part. Im from DFW

I'm in the Austin area. Trying to find some of the bigger TX meets this year if you know of any.

tommy wrote:If possible, could you document the install of both fog lights? Fronts and rear are one of my winter projects, now that I have the car running well for the first time in a couple of years. Much appreciated if you could, thanks.

No problem tommy. Was there anything you'd like me to focus on? My installer figures out the wiring for me cause he's a guru with anything electrical, I just help with the installation, wire routing etc. But i'll be sure to get some good photos and hopefully draw you up a diagram after we're done with my install. I'll be using two USDM front fog light switches in my installation, so that should be the only difference depending on what switches you're going with.

Also looks like i'm going to pick up the LHD window switches and door harness from shopa here on the forums. I'm just going to wire them up to the aftermarket power windows I have. Now I can finally move the switches I have in my integra console and get that clean OEM look!

I was supposed to be installing my power folding mirrors this weekend as well, my installer was going to make me harness for them as I already have the factory relay and switch which all function. But now that i'm buying the door harness from shopa i'm wondering if I should integrate the power mirror portion of the harness into the install, or just let my installer make me a harness as he already has everything planned out. I'm gonna consult with him this week on that. Only downside is the harness won't be here for 10-30 days so that'll push back my mirror install a bit :?
'06 NHBP KB1 ASPEC - pic
t.k

Postby tommy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:39 am

It's the wiring at the final destination at the fuse box where I get most confused. But whatever you can post of the process would be great, thanks. :-)b
1990 ZcSi
tommy
Not Forgotten

Postby JDMCrx91 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Im using RHD oem power window switches using a spal power window kit
"Correct Me If I'm Wrong... That's Why I Joined" Crxcommunity.com
1991 Crx Si(turbo)
My Build Thread https://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=34412
1991 Crx Si (sleeper) 3/17/13
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=64610
1992 240sx coupe
JDMCrx91

Postby t.k » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:18 am

tommy wrote:It's the wiring at the final destination at the fuse box where I get most confused. But whatever you can post of the process would be great, thanks. :-)b

With all the crazy weather in Texas this weekend, none of the installs got done :(

Tentatively planned for this coming weekend so i'll keep you posted!

JDMCrx91 wrote:Im using RHD oem power window switches using a spal power window kit

Nice!

I'm using the Biltek kit off of Amazon. It's been working great, although I think I need to lube my window regulators again as the drivers side keeps getting a little sluggish.

I was really close to buying RHD switches and flipping them like i've seen done in other installs. I'm glad I came across the LHD ones in the for sale forum though, can't wait to get them installed.
'06 NHBP KB1 ASPEC - pic
t.k

Postby t.k » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:25 am

Got all my installs finished this weekend. I only have a couple pics at the moment, i'll take better ones later today.

First here's a quick vid of the EF8 mirrors doing what they do :bounce:

https://flic.kr/p/Xbb4B2

I got the accord climate control all wired up and installed, i'm very happy with this mod as it looks and functions just as well as OEM with no cracks! You can also see my power mirror switch on the left, my dash is cracked right there so I have some double sided tape currently holding the switch in until I figure out a way to replace the missing piece, or replace the dash altogether.

The only other thing I have a pic of at the moment is the integra center console mated to the CRX console. It's not perfect, but it's 100 times better than having the gap where you can see the chassis. I'm very satisfied with how it came out!

The other stuff is mainly the front/rear fog light switches and the headlights on reminder.

And I haven't forgotten about you Tommy, I just need to get the specifics from my installer on the fuse box routing and connection.
'06 NHBP KB1 ASPEC - pic
t.k

Postby sicknick » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:04 am

I like that accord climate control , its a better design then the oem one.
sicknick

Postby tommy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:22 pm

t.k wrote:And I haven't forgotten about you Tommy, I just need to get the specifics from my installer on the fuse box routing and connection.

Damn straight! :P

Looks great - have you thought about a true double din touch screen? It really makes a huge difference in appearances and is much more functional, esp. in a car where small buttons are not your friend.
1990 ZcSi
tommy
Not Forgotten

Postby t.k » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:02 am

Can't believe it's been almost 18 month since I posted!

It's been a crazy last year or so. Sold my RSX, TL and my GSXR, moved houses and jobs, picked up an RL but the CRX remains!

I'm finally getting motivation back to continue my build, everything's pretty much the same as the last time I posted.

I'm now starting a turbo build for the CRX. I drove to Maryland last weekend and picked up a built GSR head, some block internals and numerous turbo parts from a buddy of mines del sol build.

I lucked upon a GSR longblock locally for $800 and picked that up yesterday, I'll be building the bottom end, selling the stock head and using the built head I got from my buddy, along with the ITR tranny currently in the CRX.

At the moment I'm trying to focus on getting the engine complete, the head is going to the machine shop to get vatted and resurfaced while I decide what exact internals I want for the bottom end. At the moment I'm waiting for my buddy from Maryland to confirm if he still has the 81.5mm Arias pistons he used, as that would put the compression around 9:1 and save me a chunk of change for new pistons. So at the moment I'm only ordering the B18C eagle rods.

As for turbo parts, I got a lot of stuff from my friend, but I can only use a portion of it. The main things I have that will for sure be going on the CRX are a Love Fab mini ramhorn turbo manifold, a 40mm Tial vband wastegate and a Spearco intercooler. I'm unsure of which exact turbocharger I'll be going with, but I'm leaning towards a GT35R if I can find one for the right price.

As for the parts that I received that I wont be using:
EG/DC Avid Motor Mounts (Street/Race) hardness.
EG/Del Sol Intercooler piping
EG/Del Sol Mishimoto radiator hoses
Turbonetics log style b series turbo manifold and downpipe
Turbonetics 2 bolt wastegate
Turbonetics BOV
Clutchmasters Stage 4 Clutch (used)
Golden Eagle B18A/B B20B/Z Rods (5394BHO)
ARP B18A/B B20B/Z Head Studs
Tapped LS oil pan

I'm hoping I can sell/trade what I won't be using to help complete the turbo build quicker.

Glad to be back!
Last edited by t.k on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
'06 NHBP KB1 ASPEC - pic
t.k

Postby AZCRXSI » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:13 am

:-)b

Great to hear you still moving forward.
"Mango Bango", 1990 CRX Si -- Bought on 10/01/11, with 228,116 miles.
1990 CRX Si BUILD THREAD

Liquid Yellow 2005 MINI Cooper S (Daily Driver)
AZCRXSI

Postby tommy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:21 pm

Great. Now about those fogs..... :wink:
1990 ZcSi
tommy
Not Forgotten

Postby ClaytonTroxell » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:08 am

What’s the latest? This giving me lots of good ideas for the Tahitian green 91 I just got.
Current CRX 1991 TGP SI
First CRX 1990 White DX 2009-2013
SmaShitUp
ClaytonTroxell

Postby t.k » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:24 pm

Can't believe I went a whole year without posting again.

I still have my crx, but I moved across country last October. I'm living in Virginia but the crx is still back in Texas until the turbo build is completed.

I've been purchasing parts for the last couple months while everything was moving along. It's very close to being time to swap in the new built GSR and sell the ITR motor that's in it.

The car has been sitting in my buddy's garage since I left, so nothings changed there. But I do have motor pics from my mechanic while he's been putting everything together.

The bottom end is a stock sleeve b18c1, stock b18c1 crank, with Eagle Rods and Arias 81.5mm 3.209 bore pistons which say should yield 10.1:1 compression in a GSR. The head is a b18c1 head with supertech valvetrain and stock b18c1 cams. Other than that I have an Edelbrock VictorX intake manifold, Skunk2 Pro Series 70mm throttle body, AEM high flow fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator. Currently can't decide between RC1000's or ID1050X's for the fuel injectors. Although I did decide to go with a GenII Garrett GTX3076R with a.82 AR, which should hopefully land me in the area of 450-500whp.

I also ordered a kteller 3" pre bent exhaust kit for the crx so we can weld up a custom exhaust with whatever muffler and tip I want.

Pre assembly:

Long block assembled:

New fuel rail, FPR and fuel gauge:

Mounted on the new intake mani:

Had to order a 90 degree FPR adapter so it would fit on the VictorX manifold. Hasn't arrived yet.

New throttle body installed:

Back of the block with the new golden eagle oil sandwhich:

That's all the pics I have for now. I still need to order my injectors and my axles, decided to go with insaneshafts 500hp axles. Luckily the car already had a full race traction bar and radiator, so that helps.

I also plan on posting some things I've had for sale locally for a long time with no bites, mostly interior parts and some headlights/ taillights. I just have to figure out the shipping portion as I've never shipped parts before.

You can check out the local post here: https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva ... 77245.html

I'll be creating an actual FS thread once I'm ready to start shipping parts. I'll also be selling the complete AC system out of my crx, but have no clue how much it may be worth.
'06 NHBP KB1 ASPEC - pic
t.k

Previous

Return to The Showroom