(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Suspension Rebuild in 2021

Engine swaps, bolt-ons, tuning, OBD-1 conversions, forced induction, suspension & brake upgrades, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Suspension Rebuild in 2021

Postby Michael.E » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:25 am

The date says it all.

I have search through the forums and most posts referring to my topic are hold and refer to products no longer being manufactured.

I have a 90CRX. Recently I serviced my brakes and while the wheels were off checked out my suspension. Work was obviously done on the front, the only thing I can complain about is the shocks are pretty worn and probably the cheapest Autozone could provide were used at the time. My rear suspension is all original, including my shock which is OEM. My car has about 230K miles on it.

My wheels are 15x7 with a +41 offset. My tires are 205/50R15. Obvious I need to rebuild the rear suspension. So far I have purchased OEM trailing arm bushings. I am not sure what direction I am going for the reset of the suspension at this time. I will go with rubber bushings

My biggest issue is since I am going through everything I would like to lower this car 1-1.5 inch . If it were back a decade ago I would probably go with ground control springs with Koni Yellows. I have been looking for springs and it seems most companies have discontinued them.

This car is a daily driver, no track use so I am trying to maintain a little comfort while driving. Any suggestions on Spring shock combos? It seems that Eibach Pro-Kit might have been discontinued, I can not find them in the US.

Michael
Michael.E

Re: Suspension Rebuild in 2021

Postby jwharnish » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:14 pm

There currently is a set of ground control springs and coil overs for the Koni's on E-bay now. That combination would be a good way to go.
4525.02 Ground Control Coilover Springs 1988-1991 Civic & CRX - fits KONI shocks
jwharnish

Postby AttackCRX » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:36 am

For any other suspension or bushing work, check out Hardrace. I have most of their products on my car, which sees track time, and I have zero complaints.
1991 HF - '97 B18C1
1989 Si - gone
AttackCRX

Postby Michael.E » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 pm

I ended up purchasing the ground controls off eBay. I have also ordered some Koni Yellows.

Hardrace are rubber correct? I have read a lot of good things about them.

Michael
Michael.E

Postby AttackCRX » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:34 am

Michael.E wrote:

Hardened rubber.
1991 HF - '97 B18C1
1989 Si - gone
AttackCRX

Postby jwharnish » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:45 pm

Michael.E wrote:I ended up purchasing the ground controls off eBay. I have also ordered some Koni Yellows.

Michael

Hardrace are rubber and work well. Although if not planning any racing with the car, may be overkill. The rear trailing arm Hardrace bushing is a good choice, but for the other bushings, OEM rubber may be good enough.
jwharnish

Return to Modification Garage