(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Ride height for weekend warrior?

Discussions about one thing: the race. Whether it's autocross, drag, road or rally, take it TO THE TRACK and post about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ride height for weekend warrior?

Postby GonzoWerkeAG » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:23 am

Hey All,

I have a '91 Si street car that I want to take to the track. Now, I don't have money for coilovers, but I do have 2" lower Eibach springs on Tokico Illuminas. Is that cool for track use? Or is stock the hot ticket? I ask, because I was wondering if it was like tires, you see the kids with huge sizes and widths, but you see all the track cars using 13" and 14" stockish sized tires.

So, Stock or 2" lower? I have to say, I like the way it handles on the street, but I'm a noob as far as car suspension setup, and thought I would ask more knowledgable people.

Thank You,

Chris
GonzoWerkeAG

Re: Ride height for weekend warrior?

Postby Dave_Darling » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:30 pm

The 2" drop should be OK. All other things being equal, that should give you a couple of degrees negative camber which will definitely help as well!

--DD
"Mango Bango", 1990 CRX Si -- Sold on 10/01/11, with over 227,000 miles.

VTEC is Honda's "select a cam profile on the fly" system; VTECH is a crappy phone.
Dave_Darling

Re: Ride height for weekend warrior?

Postby jwharnish » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:10 pm

A 2" drop is a good thing to help with the handling of the Si over the stock setup. Plus the Eibach's probably are stiffer than stock, which also helps handling. 2" drop, more camber, Stiffer springs, will be a nice upgrade over stock for handling. Go for it!
jwharnish

Return to Track Racing (Drag/Autocross/Road/Rally X)