(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Civic ee9 jdm b16a ignition issues

Audio, video, navigation, radar detectors and more. Also for alarms, security systems, kill switches, and other immobilization techniques.

Moderator: Moderators

Civic ee9 jdm b16a ignition issues

Postby Bashy123 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:54 am

Hi guys I have a Honda Civic 1990 ivt with a b16a from the JDM ef9 I've put hydraulic gearbox on it and pedal box as I was taking the Old pedal box out and putting the new one in I plugged everything back up and noticed there was a red wire that was dangling on the floor. I'm sure wasn't there before and since then the car doesn't start turn the ignition on everything lights up fuel pump Prime's turn it to start nothing happens any idea where this wire goes I've had a few pictures for you guys thank you
Bashy123

Re: Civic ee9 jdm b16a ignition issues

Postby Bashy123 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:24 am

Here is some of the pictures I've taken the red wire goes into the black and white one but then also has a green and blue wire going to the red one so I'm a little bit confused as to where they are going to.....

I only noticed that red wire afterr i put the new peddle box in and its go a blue and green wire going of it i have no idea what for help please
Bashy123

Postby Bashy123 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:31 am

Here is some more pictures

Bashy123

Postby msc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:49 pm

That's what ya call a hack job. It's not original wiring so all you can do is chase down the wires and speculate what was wired in there. The red wire goes to an fuse holder with no fuse so something was removed. Could have been after market audio or an alarm system. If you had a poorly removed alarm system that could disable the starter.

If your car normally requires the clutch to be pressed to start I would take a close look at the clutch safety switch wiring. If your new pedal cluster has the switch and it's wired correctly it's possible the switch needs to be adjusted.

Mike
msc

Return to Car Audio, Gadgets and Security