(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Speaker installation

Audio, video, navigation, radar detectors and more. Also for alarms, security systems, kill switches, and other immobilization techniques.

Moderator: Moderators

Speaker installation

Postby kian96 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:07 am

Planning on ordering some new speakers for my CRX. I'm trying to decide whether or not to pay for in-store installation. Is installing new speakers pretty straightforward? I'd rather not pay an extra 65 dollars to have people install the speakers if I could just mess around and figure it out myself.
Thanks
kian96

Re: Speaker installation

Postby Theboy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:11 pm

if you have ever done the install yourself do it. Both times ive had to do it the rear one had brackets so i lucked out. you may need some sheet metal n sheers or find the brackets. 6.5" works just make sure its shallow without any giant tweeter sticking out the center. If you have upgraded the headunit id recommend gauging up the wires they are terrible.
Theboy

Re: Speaker installation

Postby Baker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:15 am

Save your money on speaker install.
It's pretty straight forward.
Remove two screws on each speaker cover, remove speaker cover, screw in new speakers.

5.25 or 6.5's up front and 6.5's in the rear.

You can use this for basic reference.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=92521

and this...
http://www.speaker-installation-photos.com/Honda/CRX

Just be sure you get shallow mount speakers for up front. If the magnet on the back is too big, you'll have to cut the back section of the factory speaker basket(which holds the speaker into the door) out in order for it to clear. Or if you do that and your speaker magnet is really big, you may not be able to roll down the window.
Shallow mount front speakers will make life easier.

Go ahead of time and take the covers off, especially if you've never done this before, get a feel for what you're looking at before you go tearing into this.
But overall it is pretty easy and self explanatory.
Baker
Mr. Search

Return to Car Audio, Gadgets and Security